It seems like forever since I originated a post for my own blog. I’ve reblogged a couple of things but haven’t managed a new post. Here’s my list of excuses:
- Summer is my busy time as I’ve led courses in Italy (Arte Umbria), Derby (Swanwick) and Devon (Fiction on the Taw). A fact about running courses is that there’s a lot of behind-the-scenes work, not just preparing the course but being in contact with organisers for admin reasons and perhaps reading work of the participants.
The Christmas Promise approached production and I had proofs to check bonus material to write and promo ideas to talk over. One of the many lovely aspects of being an author.
- I also took a holiday in my beloved Malta. I had beer to drink and sunshine to enjoy. That took two weeks.
- I received a lovely invitation to write a two-part story for My Weekly to go in their Christmas issues (3 and 10 December. Look out for that story because you can win a free book!).
- Throw in the RNA’s conference in the middle of that lot and you begin to get the picture.
Now I’ve realised how much I’ve neglected my blog I can’t really think what to write about! Whenever I’m asked to guest on someone else’s blog I can think of a subject but for my own blog? I’ve come up blank. So, in place of a proper post, here are ten things about me you may or may not know.
- My parents were both in the army. My mum originally outranked my dad and he got in trouble for talking to her with his hands in his pockets. He only rose higher than her when she left the army.
- I can’t ride a bike no-handed.
- I have no tattoos but five piercings.
- Chocolate is my favourite food group.
- My Saturday job when a teenager was in a butcher’s shop.
- I can do the ‘waterfall’ with a pack of cards.
- I find it hard to join in conversations about TV because I watch so little.
- But I know a lot about Formula 1.
- I’m incredibly thankful for good friends.
- I try only to read books I love. Life’s too short for those I’m told I ‘should’ read.
Blogpost done! 🙂